Cartoon taken from http://bellurramki18.wordpress.com/2007/09/24/blog-cartoon-30/
During last year’s EVO session Blogging4Beginners, participants helped outline the following principles and practices for a successful blogging endeavor:
- Integrate blogging to the rest of the work done by the class.
- Surprise your students.
- Let the learner feel relaxed and confident.
- Make the content meaningful and relevant.
- Build networks of learning that can cross continents.
- Develop an atmosphere that encourages and respects the learner and their ideas.
- Invite guests to post on your blog and to comment.
- Teach your students some blogging skills.
- Give prompt feedback to commentators.
- Vary your post style.
- Set tasks that lead to interaction.
- Use the blog for activities the students could not do in the classroom.
- Exploit errors, but do not correct students explicitly on blogs.
- Blog safely.
- Use syndication tools to keep track of posts and comments.
- Turn on the word verification in your blog settings to avoid spam.
- Define who can comment in your blog.
- Add your email to receive notifications when someone leaves a comment on your blog.
- Attention to copyright issues!
- Ask for permission to publish photos, videos, audio etc
- Always give credit to the source.
What would you add or suppress in the list?
We’re eagerly waiting for your own views.
The Blogging Team